3 Ways to Keep Your Countertops Clean on a Daily Basis
April 29, 2016
Be sure to keep your countertops clean between uses.
After you’ve installed your countertops, it’s time to start using them!
You know exactly what we recommend for quartz if you read our last post about how to clean your quartz countertops, but some countertops require ongoing maintenance or a little more elbow grease.
Here, we are just going to go over the day-to-day cleanliness after you’ve been cooking or serving food from your countertop, for example.
These are our recommendations on how to clean your countertops:
- For daily cleaning and regular maintenance on all surfaces, simply using a cloth that you’ve dipped in mild soap and water can go the distance and help to protect your beautiful new countertops from harm.
- For difficult-to-remove grime:
- Quartz: Cambria recommends sticking to soap and water. Contact them directly for further information by calling 1-888-7QUARTZ
- Solid Surface: Dupont recommends using a mild ammonia-based household cleaner, or a dedicated countertop cleaner. Do avoid window cleaners, however, as they can leave a waxy build-up that dulls the surface.
- Laminate: Formica recommends using mild cleaners such as Fantastic® All Purpose Cleaner, Formula 409® and Pine-Sol® (original formula). Some stains respond well to a paste of baking soda and water.
Always clear up all residues before placing anything on top of your counter after using cleaners – you can even clean it a few times with mild soap and water after using the product to be sure that it is safe to place food on.
If these cleaning methods don’t work for you or you are looking for an alternative, be sure to contact your local FLOFORM representative for other ideas.