Formica, Arborite, and WilsonArt
Laminate Countertops are easily one of the most obvious choices for a durable surface in addition to being an affordable option.
What is Laminate?
It is made from layers of paper impregnated with resin and then bonded together under pressure and high temperature.
Laminate is a handy material made from layers of paper that are tightly pressed together to form a thin, rigid sheet that is fairly easy to work with.
This sheet is then glued to a wood substrate typically for countertops. It is a low-maintenance, inexpensive choice for a kitchen countertop.
At FLOFORM, we carry an assortment of over 150 stock colors and textures.
If you still have questions about laminate countertops, schedule a Free Countertop Consultation with our professional design consultants and receive expert advice and exact same-day price quote.
Laminate | FAQ
How Post-Form Laminate Countertops are Made?
How Flat-Lay Laminate Countertops are Made?
1. Why should you choose Laminate Countertops?
1. First created by Formica in 1913, the technology has come a long way and today's modern laminate surfaces offer many advantages. Design Options: hundreds of designs to help match your look and style. Scratch and Impact Protection: they are resistant to scratches and impacts under normal use conditions. Vertical Applications: use both horizontally and vertically to shape your style. Easy to Clean: In most cases, a clean, damp non-abrasive and a mild household cleaner is all you need. Budget-Friendly: Get the look of stone, wood, or just about anything else without breaking the bank.
2. What are the different types of Laminate?
2. FLOFORM offers two collections of Laminate Countertops. Our Post-Form Collection is a series that can be heated and bent to create integral backsplashes and wrapped front profiles. From this collection, we have four varied profiles — from the simplicity of our 180° under-wrap to the practicality of a K-nose. The next collection is our Custom Collection, also known as Flat Lay. This process of lamination allows for custom shapes and sizes that cannot be achieved with our post-form process. Only attached backsplashes are possible with this process. With few limitations, we can apply wood-accented edges in oak or maple, beveled to bull-nosed, to the durability of solid surface edging.
3. Will I have seams in my Laminate Countertops?
3. Depending on the size and shape of your laminate countertop a seam may be inevitable. Corner seams in post-form countertops are most common because it is easier to hide and in most cases is far from the sink and other plumbed fixtures. If you have a corner sink flat-lay laminate the best option is to keep seams far from water run-off. Note: Post-form provides you a 1 piece seamless top up to 12’ long including backsplash Flat-lay provides you a seamless surface up to 12’ x 5’, however, the edges are attached to the front and can be prone to water and traffic damage as well.
4. Can I repair damaged laminate countertops?
4. It is a thin material and requires proper maintenance. Because of that, chips, burns, cracks, and scratches cannot be repaired and a replacement countertop is recommended.
5. Is one finish better than another?
5. There is no one “best” finish in regards to the durability. A particular finish may wear better depending on the level of usage and we can help you assess the differences from matte, gloss, and specialty textures. All laminates are vulnerable to chips, excessive heat, cracks, and scratches when not properly cared for by the homeowner.
6. What should I do if my laminate countertop gets damaged?
6. You can maintain your countertop by cleaning it regularly, just like any other countertop. Keep in mind that even though laminate is stain-resistant and scratch-resistant, it cannot be repaired if they get chips, cracks, burns, water damage, or impact damage, so you may wish to replace them if any of these incidences occur.
7. Can I have an under-mount sink in Laminate Countertops?
7. With the use of an attached solid surface ring, select sinks can be under-mounted to laminate countertops with an accent.
Laminate Countertops can be perfect to you!
Are you looking for a durable and beautiful surface?
Laminate offers a broader range of looks than ever before, as a result, you can mix and match solids, graphic patterns, and finishes.
After submitting the below form, we will be in touch within 24 hours to set an appointment for a free countertop consultation.
We are proud to be distributors of the top leading laminate brands in our industry.