Cambria and Hanstone Quartz
Delivers elegant beauty and supreme performance. It is an ideal choice for homeowners looking for a maintenance-free surface with stunning aesthetics.
Why Choose Quartz Countertop?
It is non-porous, natural surfaces that are composed of 93% raw natural quartz, one of the hardest minerals on earth.
Quartz countertops are stain-resistant and never needs chemical sealing or reconditioning.
- Durable: harder than granite or marble, as a result, it’s more durable and less likely to chip, scratch or stain.
- Low-Maintenance: it is a non-porous surface that makes cleaning quick and easy. Just wipe with soap and water!
- Food-Safe: it is certified food-safe, consequently the surface will not absorb any bacteria.
- Beautiful: with new designs released each year, Quartz countertops are always on-trend.
If you still have questions about our products, schedule a free design and estimate with us.
Quartz Countertops | FAQ
What are Quartz countertops made of?
Pure quartz is combined with pigments and resins to create slabs that are non-porous, strong, and rival the beauty of quarry stones.
It is one of the hardest minerals in the world.
Please, note that they are made out of natural quartz, as a result, variation in the natural stone color, pattern, size, shape, and shade are inherent and unique characteristics to be expected with this surface.
At FLOFORM our stock collection comes from the industries’ foremost brands, Cambria and Hanstone.
Can I put hot things on Quartz?
Generally, it is very heat resistant, but it depends on “how hot” an object is.
A tea kettle or a hot dish out of the microwave is typically not a threat but a 450° pot from the oven can cause damage.
However, it is always better to be safe rather than sorry, so we recommend the use of a hot pad.
Will my Countertop chip?
Under normal use, it is unlikely that it will chip.
The edges are more susceptible to chipping than the middle of the surface, so if you struck with enough force (e.g., a heavy pot) a chip can occur.
Such occurrences are not covered by any manufacturers warranty, but are usually repairable, depending on the size of the chip.
Is all Quartz the same?
Just like a diamond, the value of it increases with the clarity of the stone.
When it is cloudy or contains hints of blue, pink or yellow can cause countertops to have discolored patches or uneven color and depth.
That’s why the Cambria and Hanstone Quartz brands rigorously test all of its products to ensure purity and clarity.
Will my Countertop be seamless?
The size and shape of your quartz countertop will determine if a seam is required.
We do our best to avoid the use of seams whenever possible, but when unavoidable our seams are consistently the best in the industry, no thicker than a business card.
Related Blog post: 10 Quartz Edge Profiles
Can I cut on it?
It is not recommended to cut on stone surfaces.
Though they are very durable and can take the abuse of a knife cutting on the surface, the best practice is to prevent any damage to the countertops or your knives and use a cutting board.
How do I take care of Quartz Countertops?
There is very little maintenance required after install. It is non-porous and never needs to be chemically treated or sealed.
Mild soap and warm water is always the best method to maintain your beautiful new countertops.
Related Blog post: How Should I Clean My Quartz Countertops?
How long will it take to be made?
Depending on the type of countertop, production times will vary.
It is an installed product only and the average lead time (after template) for production and installation runs one to two weeks.
Please, speak to a showroom representative for lead times on specific materials.
How do I prepare for the Installation of my new countertops?
- Please have your countertops cleared prior to the installation crews arrival and have all sinks, faucets, soap dispensers, hot/cold water dispensers, cooktops, dishwashers, refrigerators, and any other appliances on site, and out of the way.
- If appliances and fixtures are existing, please have them disconnected and removed to prevent any accidental damages.
- Because the material is awkward and heavy, we request that a clear path with lots of room is provided and that the workspace is vacant.
- Finally, a decision-maker over the age of 18 (preferably the Homeowner) must be present for the duration of the install, which lasts approximately three to four hours.
Related Blog post: How to Prepare for Installing and Replacing New Countertops
Free In-Home Countertop Consultation
Fill the form below to request a Free In-Home Design & Estimate
With a little upfront planning and help from us, your renovation can be simpler and more fun. We take the guesswork out of picking the right surface to match your style. After all, we’ve been fabricating, selling and installing countertops for more than 55 years.
- Knowledgable Advice
- Same Day Quote
After submitting the below form, we will be in touch within 24 hours to set an appointment for a consultation.
Related Bog post: How to make the most of your free consultation?
We are proud to be distributors of the top leading brands in our industry.