They deliver elegant beauty and supreme performance. It is an ideal choice for homeowners looking for a maintenance-free surface with stunning aesthetics.
We can help you selecting the perfect Quartz surface for your kitchen!
Why Schedule a Free In-Home Consultation?
With a little upfront planning and help from us, your renovation can be simpler and more fun. We take the guesswork out of picking the right surface to match your style. After all, we’ve been fabricating, selling and installing countertops for more than 55 years.
- Knowledgable Advice
- Same Day Quote
After submitting the below form, we will be in touch within 24 hours to set an appointment for a consultation.
Quartz Countertops | FAQ
Why Choose Quartz?
It is non-porous, natural surfaces that are composed of 93% raw natural quartz, one of the hardest minerals on earth.
Quartz countertops are stain resistant and never needs chemical sealing or reconditioning.
- Durable: harder than granite or marble, which makes it more durable and less likely to scratch, chip, or stain.
- Low-Maintenance: it is a non-porous surface that makes cleaning quick and easy. Just wipe with soap and water!
- Food-Safe: it is certified food safe, meaning the surface will not absorb any bacteria.
- Beautiful: With new designs released each year, Quartz countertops are always on-trend.
If you still have questions about our products, schedule a free design and estimate with us.
How is Quartz made?
It is one of the hardest minerals in the world.
Pure quartz is combined with pigments and resins to create slabs that are non-porous, strong, and rival the beauty of quarry stones.
At FLOFORM our stock collection comes from the industries’ foremost brands, Cambria and Hanstone.
Can I put hot things on Quartz?
Generally, quartz is very heat resistant, but it depends on “how hot” an object is.
A tea kettle or a hot dish out of the microwave is typically not a threat but a 450° pot from the oven can cause damage.
It is always better to be safe rather than sorry, so we recommend the use of a hot pad.
Will Quartz chip?
Under normal use, it is unlikely that your Quartz countertop will chip.
The edges are more susceptible to chipping than the middle of the surface. If you struck with enough force (e.g., a heavy pot) a chip can occur.
Such occurrences are not covered by any manufacturers warranty, but are usually repairable, depending on the size of the chip.
Is all Quartz the same?
Just like a diamond, the value of quartz increases with the clarity of the stone.
The design you like in the showroom will be the same countertop you love in your kitchen.
When it is cloudy or contains hints of blue, pink or yellow can cause countertops to have discolored patches or uneven color and depth.
That’s why the Cambria and Hanstone brands rigorously test all of its products to ensure purity and clarity.
Will my Quartz countertop be seamless?
The size and shape of your countertop will determine if a seam is required.
We do our best to avoid the use of seams whenever possible, but when unavoidable our seams are consistently the best in the countertop industry, no thicker than a business card.
Can I cut on Quartz?
It is not recommended to cut on stone countertops.
Though they are very durable and can take the abuse of a knife cutting on the surface, the best practice is to prevent any damage to the countertops or your knives and use a cutting board.
There is very little maintenance required after install. It is non-porous and never needs to be chemically treated or sealed.
Mild soap and warm water is always the best method to maintain your beautiful new countertops.
Please, note that Quartz Countertops are made out of natural quartz, as a result, variation in the natural stone color, pattern, size, shape, and shade are inherent and unique characteristics to be expected with this surface.
How long will it take for my Quartz countertop to be made?
Depending on the type of countertop, production times will vary.
It is an installed product only and the average lead time (after template) for production and installation runs one to two weeks.
Please, speak to a showroom representative for lead times on specific materials.
- Please have your countertops cleared prior to the installation crews arrival and have all sinks, faucets, soap dispensers, hot/cold water dispensers, cooktops, dishwashers, refrigerators, and any other appliances on site, and out of the way.
- If appliances and fixtures are existing, please have them disconnected and removed to prevent any accidental damages.
- Because the material is awkward and heavy, we request that a clear path with lots of room is provided and that the workspace is vacant.
- Finally, a decision-maker over the age of 18 (preferably the Homeowner) must be present for the duration of the install, which lasts approximately three to four hours.
We are proud to be distributors of the top leading brands in our industry.