Modern, affordable, and easy to maintain, laminate surfaces from Formica, WilsonArt, Arborite and others are available in hundreds of design options.
Laminate Countertops can be perfect to you!
Are you looking for a durable and beautiful countertop?
Laminate offers a broader range of looks than ever before. Mix and match solids, graphic patterns and finishes. Achieve the look you want for any design challenge or budget.
After submitting the below form, we will be in touch within 24 hours to set an appointment for a free in-home consultation.
Laminate | FAQ
How Laminate Countertops are Made
Why Choose Laminate Countertops?
There is a reason why it has stuck around as long as they have.
First created by Formica in 1913, the technology has come a long way. Today’s modern laminate surfaces offer many advantages:
- Design Options: hundreds of designs to help match your look and style.
- Scratch and Impact Protection: they are resistant to scratches and impacts under normal use conditions.
- Vertical Applications: use both horizontally and vertically to shape your style.
- Easy to Clean: In most cases, a clean, damp non-abrasive and a mild household cleaner is all you need.
- Budget Friendly: Get the look of stone, wood, or just about anything else without breaking the bank.
If you still have questions about laminate countertops, schedule a Free In-Home Consultation with our professional design consultants and receive expert advice and exact same-day price quote.
What is Laminate?
It is made from layers of paper impregnated with resin and then bonded together under pressure and high temperature.
Branded manufacturers of Laminate such as Formica, Arborite, Wilsonart, Pionite, and Nevamar are glued to a wood substrate typically for countertops.
At FLOFORM, we carry an assortment of over 150 stock colors and textures.
Are there different types of Laminate?
FLOFORM offers two collections of Laminate Countertops:
- Our Post-Form Collection is a series that can be heated and bent to create integral backsplashes and wrapped front profiles. From this collection, we have four varied profiles — from the simplicity of our 180° under-wrap to the practicality of a K-nose.
- The next collection is our Custom Collection, also known as Flat Lay. This process of lamination allows for custom shapes and sizes that cannot be achieved with our post-form process. Only attached backsplashes are possible with this process.
With few limitations, we can apply wood accented edges in oak or maple, beveled to bull-nosed, to the durability of solid surface edging.
Is one finish better than another?
There is no one “best” finish in regards to the durability.
At FLOFORM we can help you assess the differences from matte, gloss, and specialty textures.
A particular finish may wear better depending on the level of usage.
All laminates are vulnerable to chips, excessive heat, cracks, and scratches when not properly cared for by the homeowner.
Can I repair damaged laminate countertops?
Unfortunately, chips, burns, cracks, and scratches cannot be repaired and a replacement countertop is recommended.
Do I need a seam in my Laminate countertops?
Depending on the size and shape of your laminate countertop a seam may be inevitable.
Corner seams in post-form countertops are most common because it is easier to hide and in most cases is far from the sink and other plumbed fixtures.
If you have a corner sink flat-lay laminate the best option is to keep seams far from water run-off.
Note: Post-form provides you a 1 piece seamless top up to 12’ long including backsplash
Flat-lay provides you a seamless surface up to 12’ x 5’, however, the edges are attached to the front and can be prone to water and traffic damage as well.
We are proud to be distributors of the top leading laminate countertops brands in our industry.